1200 Miles & a Cup O' Dirt & a little Mississippi Mud!

Take the year long challenge of completing a dozen or half a dozen dirty centuries and join the fun in December! Everybody who completes this challenge will be rewarded with a custom hand-made stoneware mug as well as be in a drawing for other prizes. Read the FAQ for details, and welcome to the fun!

I've increased the fun to give some more folks a shot at the cup - a bit 'watered down' - We'll have the 1200 Mile Cup O' Dirt and a 600 Mile Cup O' Mississippi Mud and new in 2008 is the 1/2 Liter O' Dirt - earned by completing 12 metric centuries in the year! A special award will be presented to anyone completing either a dirty century or metric century in each month of the year.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Commute From Hell?



I figured someone would be out there this weekend- as temps were in the 40s in the middle part of the state (a bit colder up north, I hear). As of the time of this writing (Easter morn) I've heard but from one - and now I see why he's called Nev-r-est. The dude never rests!! Discipline, I say. Discipline. Based on the photo - I would consider this commute a gift from Heaven. While the gumbo and headwind made things tough - Dennis was not stuck in traffic in his gas guzzling SUV in downtown LA for 3 hours. I'll take his 3 hour commute instead! (ed note: I must say that I, myself, have the perfect commute - a 7 min walk on a trail through the woods along a creek!) Anyway - here's his report:

"This was another +60mile mock commute to work. This time I tried taking off at the required AM start time, or something near it. I have to be at work by 6AM so I should normally have to leave home by 3:30-4:00AM. Today I left at 5:20AM, I should have left at 2:00AM as it took me over three hours to get there. To sum it up: killer headwind, two flats(via rubbing a hole in the sidewall with a misadjusted brakepad), and gumbo clay. A bit chilly too. I could have avoided the gumbo and flats, the headwind I'm afraid I'm stuck with that till I build an offroad streamliner. The ride back was nice tho." The details

DG

No comments: